Monday, January 31, 2011

Sick to my Stomach

Okay so I read this blog "Just Another Teen Wanker" and although I find the validity of some of the stories questionable I still like to read it. Its like watching a trashy American sitcom almost- "Like sangs through the hourglass so are the days of our lives".

The thing that has gotten me about this is the most recent Saga- basically Mark is seeing new beau Deen and Deen seems to be a nice guy- that is until Mark find out that the uncle that Deen has been spending time with is some old creep who pays him to clean his house naked and one condition is that he has to try and stay hard for as long as he can while he does it. 

Im a little disturbed by the story because I hate that there is that kind of depravity out there- Im not as disturbed because I doubt it is true. The thing that gets me is the responses to the initial post where Mark calls Deen a rent boy and voices his outrage at the situation. Basically every comment makes this a non issue and some even go as far as being on Deens side in the matter. Obviously these people think its real otherwise why bother commenting right? What kind of fucking message do they think they are sending to the gay community when they condone suck sick behavior? 

Now in his latest post he has decided that it is not such a bad thing and that he himself would consider doing it himself. Sure I get that this probably isn't a real situation- but what if it was and all of these perverted bloggers out there are rooting for this kid to whore himself out? 

In true DR style I have something to say about the situation, admittedly I was a little drunk, but reading my comment I think my stance is presented in a pretty clear cut manner:

Just going back and reading some of the comments on your last post and to be honest dude they kind of made me angry... Gays world wide are fighting to drop this stereotype of being promiscuous- Yes I understand that Deen is not having sex with this guy but it is perverted all the same. Presumably you are both quite young? And Presumably this guy is quite old? (if not old- old in comparison) Why the hell then are so many people condoning what is happening by just pretending that it is a non issue- This guy should be old enough to know that what he is doing is perverted and wrong and Deen should have enough self respect to know that he is being exploited. 

Gay or not- this is definitely an action of a sexual nature. I mean come on- he has to stay hard for as long as he can in this guys house- are you kidding me?! Just because he is not having sex with this guy doesn't mean it isn't on the cards in future. 

I am sickened that no one is trying to stop you from being with this guy or better trying to encourage you to get Deen to stop seeing his "uncle". Im sickened even more by the fact that you were A) told to calm down and B) told by someone that you were "blowing this out or proportion", that they were "kind of on Deens side", asked if you were "willing to give up on your buddy because he has a side job?", to try not to be "too judgmental about Deens 'arrangement'", told not to "take it too seriously", that you "have no reason not to trust Deen", . What kind of example are we setting for our younger community? 

I don't think this has been flown far enough out of proportion... Proportionally this issue has been shrunken by the ignorant and irresponsible. Deen needs to get a wake up call and maybe youre the one to give it to him? I also hate this this has been boiled down to something as common as a side job! I also cant figure out why you have no reason not to trust him... not only did he lie to you but look at what he was doing behind your back! Maybe these people want you just to be happy with Deen but to be honest- better to do something about this now than to let is fester and REALLY get hurt

Condoning this kind of behavior is setting back our community decades in the progress we have made to lose these stereotypes.



Would love to hear YOUR take on the situation!!

love, 
me

6 comments:

  1. OK I know you are a year older now, but this is ridiculous, Dad... how old are you now??

    Seriously I would not encourage such behaviour & will agree with you that if this story is true to try & persuade his friend to stop. This kind of thing does happen & when it is found out it should be stopped. I see no one comment on what you said either. Unfortunately not everyone feels the same as you & maybe say you are being an old fuddy duddy & need to lighten up.

    Don't point too many fingers though, reading your own exploits this sounds reasonably docile. Ooops OK I'll f*ck off now, I can feel the rage coming from you now.

    I do agree with you though Grand Dad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, were you let off the dreaded run? You did say your comment was under the influence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So i rarely if ever comment on blogs,actually i only ever comment on one(buffguys') and thats only because i know he doesn't like me much, so i only ever do it to rile him up abit..
    Anyway,this year i decided to become a better person and one of the things i promised to work on was my tendency to pass judgment on other people.But this i will have to comment on,i mean what the fuck?Cleaning somebodys' house in the nude?
    And to imagine that some ignorant brainwashed dim wits actually support such blatant display of depravity??I mean Whatever is this world coming to?Day by day i find myself more and more ashamed of being gay because of guys like deen, his 'uncle' and their supporters...Am ashamed to even think of the fact that i belong to such a community.
    Isn't it enough that the world already thinks of us as perverts?
    Even if it were about the money,is it too much to ask of someone that they have a sense of self respect and worth?Failing that,some dignity?However little?
    Sickening is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished reading your entire blog back to back and it looks like you've gotten yourself a new follower..
    jay Brannan-Not all that-Try Evandro Soldati, Jon Kortajarena, Enrique iglesias and yes,the god himself Manu Bennet.
    Now these four in my opinion should be every man's dirty sex fantasy.
    And i do understand what you mean by being gay and not liking other gay guys since i am exactly the same way.I never could stand the lot especially the flamers(they just make me cringe inside).I guess what am trying to say is i appreciate more guys who are guys,i.e guys who talk, dress and act like guys.
    Lately though i have tried to put myself out there more,in that even though i can still never see myself going out to a gay bar or club,i still make more of an attempt now than i did before to meet blokes.But its not that easy since most gay guys act/behave like they've all been manufactured at the same plant.Almost like taking different Mercedes models out on test drives only to find the interiors all looking the same.I mean at times am left thinking,what the fuck am i even doing talking to this?'Sounds harsh,i know but its true.
    Am obviously not out yet nor do i see the need to be but av never had any qualms about walking up to a guy i think is hot and chatting them up,be it on the street,supermarket or restaurant i always find a way.And believe it or not, dumb as the whole thing may sound i have scored quite a number of times.Both gay and straight.Ok,mostly straight.And Granted,it usually takes longer than had i gone to a gay bar or website but i like it like that.Mostly because i find that the sex is at the end of it all more deep and meaningful.Plus i love the thrill of going after the unknown.
    Am i making any sense?

    Food for thought;Funny how you say you don't approve of guys who go out/have sex with guys who are 10+ years their juniors yet i find it ironic that your first was a 27 year old bloke while you were 16?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rogue- Im not gonna lie- Kind of flattered that my post was interesting enough to elicit not only one but two comments from you. *Feeling kinda privileged* Also kind of stoked that you weren't trying to wind me up lol. Also touche on the 10+ year thing... well played. I can justify this to myself in two ways- 1)There was no money involved. 2) You live and you learn and I dont promote the age gap as being a good thing- also I feel that I would have wanted someone to care enough to look out for me in that kind of situation.

    Also- not harsh when you feel like "what the fuck am I even doing talking to you" because i get the same sometimes... okay so maybe it is harsh... and maybe it makes us horrible people but at least we know what we want right? I think thats a point to us because it means we are decisive and dont like to waste time on pointless relationships.

    @Kemptoo- So I have kind of struggled with coming up with a response to your comment because I appreciate that you agree with me and I appreciate your comments. BUT... yes there is a but- do you not feel that telling me to calm down ultimately achieves the same thing as those who are promoting this behavior on that blog? To be honest I dont even think I was at the height of my ranting abilities when i posted that comment- Also it must have had some validity to it because the blogger has to approve all comments and I got approved.

    Also I think that my outrage has less to do with me being an old "fuddy duddy" and more to me being an upstanding member of not only the gay community but society as well- Perspective: change Deen and Mark to two young girls- the outrage would be ten fold and you know it. Gays seem to think that they can get away with such depraved behavior because that is what society expects of them- I say we surprise the rest of the fucking world and try being normal for once... What is normal I hear you ask- I dont know the answer to that but if that kind of situation IS what most would view as normal (especially in a gay community) then to be quite honest with you I would feel better about myself living in a culture where homosexuality is a crime punishable by death.

    Yes I see your points about my exploits being rather perverse- however I am 22 and with a LOT of life experience for someone of my age. Not once have I ever sold myself- nor do I ever intend to in future... Moreover if I was at that age and in that situation- like I said to Rogue- I would have loved that someone cared enough about me to voice their outrage and concern. How can we say that the gay community is 'tight knit' and that we all need to look out for one another when a majority of us are simply looking for a quick and dirty lay at any cost and the rest of us are content to turn a blind eye?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,

    OK we are getting serious now. Please don’t take what I said about your exploits to offence, it was said in jest. You were more strong willed than most teenagers are & you have more grounding than most which is good. However not all are in that position & finances also comes into a major roll in what people might or might not do, although that is not a good excuse either. I don’t condone or promote the situation & if I was within the community (close by) I would try to put a stop to it. You commented your disapproval of what was going on to the blogger & it was brushed over. There is not much more you can do about it.

    You say let’s be normal, this happens in the straight community as well & sometimes when it is made public then it is all of a sudden an outrage. Neither is better or worse than the other. I would say we need to as the gay community out these people that think they can take advantage because the gay community is too afraid, firstly to be labeled they are gay & be categorise as gay. Let’s face it people who are gay are battling to come to terms with themselves being gay because of family values & the communities that they live in, so where is the gay community when we can’t even stick together. There is more now these days, but we have a long way to go still. You have said so yourself & your new follower Rogue, that you do not like the stereotype gay & will not associate with them. That is fine, but do you realize that it is those guys out there with their stereotype mannerisms that is making the gay community more obvious to the rest of the world & to their local communities, trying to make it more acceptable in the eyes of a disapproving society. Maybe it is time that the none stereotypes that say they are like “normal” guys to start showing some face. They are just like any other regular guy but umm, also like cock. The gay community is definitely not ‘tight knit’ when half don’t want to know each other.

    Outlawing homosexuality by make it a crime punishable by death is not going to solve the problem either. Make it punishable by death for dehumanisation of any fellow human being. But how many communities still have the death penalty now. You don’t even get life imprisonment for murder in some cases these days. So much for the morally outstanding cultural society that we have to live in.

    OK I’m getting off my high horse now… no I’ve lost it. Oh well :)

    ReplyDelete