Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Beginnings

So I have committed myself to believing that 2011 is the year of change for me! 

I have spent the last week writing a "new and improved" CV - (How can something be Improved if its New right?). I am now laboriously poring over a cover letter for a job I am going to apply for - and I'm going to get!
(I call on the power of the secret!)

I have decided that I really need to get my shit sorted for saving for this trip with Paz. I have worked it out that I will need to tuck away about $200 a week which means that after rent and food I am going to have NO money for myself.... Lifes hard but it will be worth it!

The last and probably biggest change for 2011 is the health kick that Paz and I have decided to go on. So I'm 6ft and 110kg and Im looking to slim down and tone up. The first mile stone to my new sexy life is the half marathon in March. 

Paz and I are cutting out Booze, Coffee, Cigarettes and Takeaways for two months to help us get to the peak of physical condition for this mad long run! Im hoping this will stem over to our lives after the detox. My goal behind this is to makes this a life thing rather than a 2 month goal. Im doing it big. Iv gotten so serous about it a Google imaged "6ft 110kg male" and this is what I came up with:


Im by no means in to wrestling but I want to look like John Cena one day. First thing tomorrow Im going for a run then Im going to shoot into town and buy a planner so that I can mark out my weeks- For any of this to be a success I need to have it in writing somewhere... This is where this blog come in!

I will use this as an outlet. As a progress report. As a support network. I am going to blog 5 times a week- even if its just to check in an tell you all how exhausted I am or how much I am hating eating healthy. I decided the other night that I need to keep a structure- the planner helps me to do that and getting into the habit of blogging about my experiences will make it something that I am forced to think about every day!

If ANYONE out there in blog land has managed to successfully go on a health kick that has remained permanent it would be great to hear from you. Similarly- and possibly more importantly- if there is ANYONE out there in blog land who has decided to make it a New Years resolution to maybe slim down and tone up or just make healthier decisions I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear from you... I may be pushing it a bit but if there are any fitness guru's or nutritionists in the house that would like to lend a helping hand I would basically love you forever and promise you my first born child (failing that a vial of my sperm).

Anywho- this post was more for me than you. Putting all of my plans out there on my blog adds some sort of finality to it but as always I would still love to hear from you- comments, emails, more followers... what ever!

Peace out my little sex kittens!

PS I just realised that I have asked people to get in touch with me in more than one post but i havent even given you any email address to do it- you can find it in my profile now but its thedawnrave@hotmail.com for those who cant be bothered going to look (I know I would be one of those people)

2 comments:

  1. To live more healthy is good. I'm sorry I can't help you in this department, but good luck. Oh one tip if you stop smoking you will most probably pick up weight. The usual tendency for people who smoke & stop is to pick up weight. To cut down on takeaways & booze will help together with exercise. Don't make a drastic cut down, it can backfire.
    That is is my take from one who is not part of the healthy living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments- sorry I am a bit shit at replying!

    Yeah I totally get you on the smoking thing but Iv have done it before and actually managed to still lose weight- the trick for me was substituting the cigarette with something else- I am also a very social smoker so I rarely smoke if Im home alone. So I went crazy on the gum- not even the quit smoking stuff just normal gum and if I felt like I wanted one I would have a piece of gum (sugar free ofcourse lol) and then at nights I would swap it for something like a glass of water or a few press-ups for sit-ups.

    I hope Im not going too drastic- I set myself a goal and told mum and she seemed to think it was heaps where I was thinking it was a pretty small goal to set hahaha! So we shall see

    ReplyDelete