Monday, November 1, 2010

Life lessons

So i learned a valuable lesson at work today. One which I didnt expect to learn- but I guess thats what you get from not letting things bother you.

The situation at work today has escalated to a whole new level and I am faced with an excruciating swallow of pride tomorrow. So the full story:

We have this new lady Dee at work who is doing extremely well. She is a new addition to a team of about 13 people. Now the 12 who have been there for a while now have take exception to that fact that she is doing well and have turned the smallest personality trait of Dee into a vehicle of ridicule and just downright childish bullying and cattiness. They have taken to making up a code name for this thing that Dee does and have started making comments about this when she does it so the "doesnt know theyre doing it" ... They're very obvious about what theyre doing however and people had started to comment about it- Being the manager I decided to step in and pull the main offenders out and have a meeting with them- lets nickname these people Moyra, Rash, Slam, Jackie, Alana, and Stripper. I pulled them out for this meeting and was quite firm with them. Lets be honest I was downright horrible to them. Stripper didnt like that she was getting in trouble even though she was the nastiest of them all and took to yelling at me during the meeting. Anyway come Monday  (thankfully Stripper doesnt work until Thursday) the rest were still licking their wounds- I had a meeting with Dee to discuss how this thing she does has made some people feel and nicely asked that she stop. This was extremely hard for me because Dee is an amazing employee and has every right to do what she does. Dee's a smart lady and picked exactly what this was about and where it had come from and was distraught and asked to go home for the day and also hinted that she wasnt sure she would like to come back which to be honest is extemely fair.

Anyway i told my boss what had happened and she pulled the whole team in for a meeting about what they had done and how they have basically bullied a woman so much into thinking so little of herself and of the place that she works that she is considering not coming back. The meeting then turned into a bitch about me and how I handled the meeting on Friday. I normally wouldn't have been this harsh on anyone but they needed to get the message!   So at the end of the meeting my boss says that my team would like an apology from me for being harsh on them on Friday... well that was it- I was so furious that they have the audacity to ask me for an apology that i had to go home.

I am struggling to justify in my head giving these people an apology for "being mean" when essentially what I made them feel in that meeting is nowhere near as bad as they made this one lady feel.

I still havent quite come to terms with what I am going to do tomorrow but for the sake of getting them all to shut the fuck up and stop being such petty little bitches I am going to have to swallow my fucking pride the way I would swallow a HUGE cock and apologise.



It has to be said though... Stripper needs a swift foot to the cunt because shes really cunty and will make comments about me just loud enough so I know shes talking about me but she will get sorted tomorrow because my boss is getting sick of her shit stirring also and is going to have a meeting with her. THANK GOD for good bosses though! She lives across the road from me and left early today so she could come and have a wine with me and talk me through my stress and plan my attack on tomorrow. I dont think I could do this without her support!

Anyway the lesson I learned? I hear you ask... At the end of the day- Cunts always seem to get what they want no matter how wrong they are... The point? I hear you query... Go through life being an absolute cunt! If it gets you what you want then why the fuck not?

xo

THE NEXT DAY_

Okay so I did it and it was like getting my ass spanked by someones grandad (it made me want to vomit). Dee came back which is good but I still am quite angry about the whole situation. FUCK THE LOT OF THEM! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment