Sunday, November 7, 2010

DINNER

What a night last night!!! So we had this staff dinner I organised for my team last night at this BYO place in town. There was a big group of us- we booked for like 17 people I think it was. Anyway we get there and the place is surprisingly nice inside- It was a Chinese place called Kens Kitchen- Ken being the chef and the owner. 

Ken needs a lesson in good customer service. The funny thing is we all work in the customer service industy so we are all quite picky about the customer service we get especially when we are out in groups. Our waitress was lovely- I think she was quite new because she seemed very nervous. Anyway we get to ordering - some of us were running late so we decide to just go ahead since its a huge group and a relatively small kitchen. This is where Ken comes out and he looks like MR Miyagi's fucking cousin (wrong country I know but the look related) and is basically like "Where is the rest of your party?" and I was like "a couple of them are running late but they will be here in like 5 mins" so he storms off back to the kitchen and we continue to order- he comes out like 2 minutes later and tells the waitress to tell us that it is now a $17 minimum (loud enough so that we can hear) - and we were like- this is kind of shit but okay. 




THEN he comes out again and is like "Tell them they all have to pay up front- I dont trust them" so the poor waitress comes over and shes all "The chef has told me to tell you that you all have to pay up front". I was like "fuck this! Were leaving- tell your boss that he can go fuck himself." We all told the waitress she was lovely but that her boss was a complete fuck. So off we went- thank god there was another BYO place up the road. I went in and I was like "Hi ...ummm.... weve got like a party of 17 and we just left Kens kitchen cos he was really rude to us- would we be able to fit here somewhere?" And they were like no problems. And the service there was amazing. 

Shitty thing for ken was that we didn't see anyone else go in to his place the whole night and there was only about 6 people in there when we were there. He just lost out on a fuckload of money- I ended up spending like $120 on starters and shit for my staff at Cuba. What a fucking douche- Almost makes you want to write a letter to the local paper!!!

The night was amazing- I was so drunk I ended up home at 1 (but I must point this out- it was my second night in a row AND the first night I got home at about 5:30 so I think I deserved an early one)... anyway ended up head in the toilet for a couple of hours when I got home- nedless to say this whole day has been a bit of a struggle for me! Now Im off to sleep

Night night xo

3 comments:

  1. Let's be nice to Ken for a moment and say that he might have been having an off day - hi mum might just have died, his boyfriend left him or he might have been told he'd got cancer or something.

    But failing any of that - then he's off the park and will probably go out of business as, on this showing, he deserves to.

    Glad it turned out OK in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha if things were that bad he shouldt have been working- If that was the case he obviouslt wasnt in a fit state of mind.

    Also Word of mouth marketing is the most effective tool (PR 101)- thats the first thing I learned in my degree... This bad experience will spread like a disease my friend lol

    Thanks for the comment also- I get very excited when I get comments... you have no idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. also - I love how the timezone on here makes me look like I dont sleep! Its saying I commented at 2:10 am on the 8th when in reality- here its 11.10pm on the 8th

    ReplyDelete